ProtonMail finds itself in a privacy pickle, the big problem with Facebook’s algorithmic amplification, and strange things are happening on Banksy’s website.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Cyberwire’s Dave Bittner.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/242 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Dave Bittner.
- 1Password: Around 80% of business data breaches result from weak or reused passwords. Using 1Password can close the gaps in your company’s security, combat shadow IT, and help your employees stay both productive and secure, wherever they are.
- 1Password makes the secure thing to do the easiest thing to do.
- Instant control, effortless management. Quickly deploy 1Password to a single team, multiple teams, or your entire enterprise. Provision employees using trusted systems, respond quickly to domain breach reports, and offer every business user a free 1Password Families account for work-from-home security.
- Find out more and try 1Password free for 14 days at 1Password.com
- Privacy.com: Privacy.com lets you buy things online using virtual cards instead of having to use your real ones, protecting your identity and bank information on the internet. Right now, new customers will automatically get $5 to spend on their first purchase. Go to privacy.com/smashing to sign up now.
- ProtonMail logged IP address of French activist after order by Swiss authorities — TechCrunch.
- Important clarifications regarding arrest of climate activist — ProtonMail.
- Information for Law Enforcement Authorities — ProtonMail.
- Tweet by Andy Yen, founder of ProtonMail.
- Why Facebook Won’t Stop Pushing Propaganda — Mother Jones.
- Fake Banksy NFT sold through artist’s website for £244k — BBC News.
- A fake Banksy sold for $330K is a perfect symbol of a wild NFT market — The Next Web.
- Banksy was warned about website flaw before NFT hack scam — BBC News.
- McCartney 3,2,1 – Trailer — YouTube.
- Classic Albums — BBC Four.
- Backyard Coaster POV | Little Thunder — YouTube.
- Inside the Most Impressive Backyard Roller Coaster I’ve Ever Seen: Little Thunder — Coaster 101.
- Pre-owned Rides for sale.
- Netflix Drops Trailer for New Norwegian Vampire Comedy Post Mortem: No One Dies in Skarnes — Netflix.
- Post Mortem: No One Dies in Skarnes — Netflix.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)