How much do you trust the people who work at your VPN provider? How are folks fighting facial recognition? And what on earth is Ray-Ban thinking getting into bed with Facebook?
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/244 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Mark Stockley.
- 1Password: Around 80% of business data breaches result from weak or reused passwords. Using 1Password can close the gaps in your company’s security, combat shadow IT, and help your employees stay both productive and secure, wherever they are.
1Password makes the secure thing to do the easiest thing to do.
Instant control, effortless management. Quickly deploy 1Password to a single team, multiple teams, or your entire enterprise. Provision employees using trusted systems, respond quickly to domain breach reports, and offer every business user a free 1Password Families account for work-from-home security.
Find out more and try 1Password free for 14 days at 1Password.com
- Three Former U.S. Intelligence Community and Military Personnel Agree to Pay More Than $1.68 Million to Resolve Criminal Charges Arising from Their Provision of Hacking-Related Services to a Foreign Government — Department of Justice.
- Ex-NSA cyberspies reveal how they helped hack foes of UAE — Reuters.
- Daniel Gericke and ExpressVPN – Official Response — ExpressVPN.
- Trust, but verify: An in-depth analysis of ExpressVPN’s terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week — ZDNet.
- Facebook debuts its Ray-Ban Stories smart sunglasses — TechCrunch.
- Facebook warned over ‘very small’ indicator LED on smart glasses, as EU DPAs flag privacy concerns — TechCrunch.
- Mark Zuckerberg introduces Ray-Ban Stories — YouTube.
- Computer Vision Dazzle Camouflage — CV Dazzle.
- Researchers Defeated Advanced Facial Recognition Tech Using Makeup — Vice.
- Dodging Attack Using Carefully Crafted Natural Makeup — YouTube.
- How to Play the Piano by James Rhodes — Amazon UK.
- Music and the inner self, TEDx talk by James Rhodes — YouTube.
- Yamaha P-45 — Thomann.
- Origins: How the Earth Shaped Human History by Lewis Dartnell — Amazon UK.
- Life Lines — BBC Radio 4.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)