Facebook suffers a massive (and very public) failure, Britain announces plans for counter-attacking nation states in cyberspace, and there's a tragic story related to ransomware.
And don't miss our featured interview with Attivo Network's Carolyn Crandall.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/246 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Update about the October 4th outage — Facebook Engineering.
- More details about the October 4 outage — Facebook Engineering.
- Facebook Whistleblower Says Company Chooses ‘Profits Over Safety’ All The Time — Vice.
- Inside Facebook’s Push to Defend Its Image — The New York Times.
- Conspiracy Theories About Facebook Outage Spread Even Without Facebook — Vice.
- Facebook outage: what went wrong and why did it take so long to fix after social platform went down? — The Guardian.
- A Hospital Hit by Hackers, a Baby in Distress: The Case of the First Alleged Ransomware Death — Wall Street Journal.
- Baby's Death Alleged to Be Linked to Ransomware — Threatpost.
- US unites 30 countries to disrupt global ransomware attacks — Bleeping Computer.
- Interpol urges police to unite against 'potential ransomware pandemic' — Bleeping Computer.
- More than 20,000 arrests in year-long global crackdown on phone and Internet scams — Interpol.
- Lancashire partners welcome NCF to the North West — Lancashire Enterprise Partnership
- National Cyber Force to be based in Samlesbury — BBC News.
- I Expect You To Die — Schell Games.
- Midnight Mass — Netflix.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)