A journalist is threatened with prosecution after choosing to “View Source” on a public webpage, Amazon Ring owners might be in line for a hefty fine if their neighbours complain, and is the school lunch queue a good place for facial recognition?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Cyberwire’s Dave Bittner.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/248 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Dave Bittner.
- 1Password: 1Password has put its 15 years of security experience into creating 1Password University, a fun, dynamic, and free learning resource for people of all skill levels.
- Broaden your knowledge, starting with the basic building blocks of security. Learn at your own pace and learn how to create form an entire ecosystem of tools and tactics that help keep you safe on the internet.
- Whether you’re a business leader looking to create a culture of security in the workplace, or you’re just trying to understand why you need a unique password for each account, 1Password University’s growing catalogue of courses has something for you.
- Visit 1Password University for free online security resources, made for everyone.
- Missouri teachers’ Social Security numbers at risk on state agency’s website — St Louis Post-Despatch.
- Missouri governor vows criminal prosecution of reporter who found flaw in state website — Missouri Independent.
- State of Missouri Addresses Data Vulnerability — State of Missouri Office of Administration press release.
- Governor Parson Press Conference MO Education Website Hack — YouTube.
- Doctor set for £100k pay-out after judge ruled neighbour’s Ring doorbell cameras breached privacy — Daily Mail.
- The pandemic is testing the limits of face recognition — MIT Technology Review.
- ICO to step in after schools use facial recognition to speed up lunch queue — The Guardian.
- The most sassy bride in history of Married At First Sight Australia — YouTube.
- Married at First Sight Australia — All 4. (Series 6 is the one to watch, according to Graham)
- Dark Air with Terry Carnation — Audioboom.
- Vigil — BBC iPlayer.
- Art Bell — Wikipedia.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)