Heating systems are left vulnerable to attack in the high courts, cybercrime unicorns have become a reality (but what are they?), over 15 Terabytes of NFTs are made available for anyone to download … and Carole reveals her Pick of the Year.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/253 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Mikko Hyppönen.
- Thinkst: Most companies discover they’ve been breached way too late. Thinkst Canary fixes this: just 3 minutes of setup; no ongoing overhead; nearly 0 false positives, and you can detect attackers long before they dig in. Go to canary.tools to find out why its Physical, VM and Cloud Based Canaries are deployed and loved on all 7 continents…
Listeners who mail in referencing Smashing Security get a 10% discount on their order!
- Perimeter 81: Perimeter 81 is the first-ever Cybersecurity Experience Platform, designed around Instant Deployment, Unified Management, Integrated Security, and Full Visibility.
Perimeter 81 allows organizations of any and all industry sizes to support IT teams with robust tools to secure and manage your global network with one unified platform.
Securing remote access for cloud and hybrid businesses and organizations, Perimeter 81 provides unified solutions such as Zero Trust Network Access, Firewall as a Service, Device Posture Check, and more.
Learn more and request a demo at perimeter81.com
- 1Password: 1Password 8 for Windows has been reimagined to feel right at home on the world’s most popular desktop operating system.
From Dark Mode and passwordless integration to smart search and secure item sharing, 1Password 8 is the new home for your digital life.
Productivity improvements, enhanced security and privacy features, and a modern design deliver a first-class experience that offers the best of Windows 11.
1Password 8 for Windows helps you manage, remember, and protect your sensitive information more easily and securely than ever before.
Find out more and try 1Password free for 14 days at 1Password.com
- Royal Courts of Justice HVAC systems had unsecured Wi-Fi AP — The Register.
- Tweet by Tristan Kirk, court correspondent of the London Evening Standard.
- Target Hackers Broke in Via HVAC Company — Brian Krebs.
- Former Security Guard Who Hacked Into Hospital’s Computer System Sentenced to 110 Months in Federal Prison — FBI.
- Video by Jesse McGraw (aka “PhantomExodizzmo”) — YouTube.
- Cybercrime Unicorns: How Hackers Are Building Empires That Rival Tech’s Most Sophisticated, Highly Valued Startups — International Business Times.
- Will we see a cybercrime unicorn? — Comic strip featuring Mikko Hyppönen.
- ‘Piracy’ website offers NFT art as free downloads — BBC News.
- Someone Made a Pirate Bay for NFTs — Motherboard.
- The NFT Bay.
- NFTs are causing chaos in online artist communities — Polygon.
- Think cryptocurrency is bad? NFTs are even worse — Mashable.
- The Ted Dabney Experience — Podcast about vintage video games.
- Ruben Brandt, Collector — IMDB.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff