Cryptocurrency traders suffer a hamster-related loss, beware of charity scammers this holiday season, and do you have the patience to sit through Peter Jackson’s eight-hour Beatles documentary?
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/254 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Uptycs: Uptycs is a cloud-native security analytics platform built to protect the modern attack surface.
- Uptycs zeros in on the blind spots that are preventing you from rapidly identifying and responding to existing threats and vulnerabilities in your ecosystem.
- Uptycs normalizes telemetry from across macOS, Linux, Windows, and containers; records system activity for historical investigation even when no alert has fired; and enables you to build complex custom detections in addition to its industry-leading MITRE ATT&CK mapping.
- Uptycs provides observability across both cloud workloads and endpoints in a single centralized platform.
- Find out more and try it for free at uptycs.com
- 1Password: It’s that time again when we’re all thinking about plans for the upcoming year. Does your plan include making your team more productive and secure?
- 100,000 businesses use 1Password to secure employees at scale by encrypting their passwords and sensitive information and helping them get more done, faster.
- That’s why, for a limited time only, new customers can get 25% off the first year of 1Password Business and find out how 1Password can boost productivity while protecting their most sensitive data.
- Act fast! This deal is only good until December 16, 2021. Find out more and claim your discount at 1Password.com
- Perimeter 81: Perimeter 81 is the first-ever Cybersecurity Experience Platform, designed around Instant Deployment, Unified Management, Integrated Security, and Full Visibility.
- Perimeter 81 allows organizations of any and all industry sizes to support IT teams with robust tools to secure and manage your global network with one unified platform.
- Securing remote access for cloud and hybrid businesses and organizations, Perimeter 81 provides unified solutions such as Zero Trust Network Access, Firewall as a Service, Device Posture Check, and more.
- Learn more and request a demo at perimeter81.com
- How Stanley Kubrick Staged the Moon Landing — The Paris Review.
- The Day the World Didn’t End — NASA.
- Does Finland Exist? Many Don’t Think So — The Culture Trip.
- Mr Goxx, the crypto-trading hamster beating human investors — BBC News.
- Mr Goxx’s Twitch channel — Twitch.
- RIP Mr. Goxx: Cryptocurrency trading HAMSTER DIES of unknown causes — Daily Mail.
- Epstein’s death proves feeding ground for conspiracy theories — Financial Times.
- Smashing Security episode 114: Darknet Diaries, death, and beauty apps — In which we discussed the Quadriga case.
- Find QuadrigaCX’s missing $190 million, and you could win a $100,000 bounty — Graham Cluley.
- Fraud: Charities warned to be extra vigilant over coming months — UK Fundraising.
- Donate safely this Giving Tuesday — FTC.
- Watch The Beatles: Get Back — Disney +
- The Beatles: Get Back trailer — YouTube.
- Kaweco Brass Sport pen.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff