Cryptocurrency traders suffer a hamster-related loss, beware of charity scammers this holiday season, and do you have the patience to sit through Peter Jackson's eight-hour Beatles documentary?
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/254 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Uptycs: Uptycs is a cloud-native security analytics platform built to protect the modern attack surface.
Uptycs zeros in on the blind spots that are preventing you from rapidly identifying and responding to existing threats and vulnerabilities in your ecosystem.
Uptycs normalizes telemetry from across macOS, Linux, Windows, and containers; records system activity for historical investigation even when no alert has fired; and enables you to build complex custom detections in addition to its industry-leading MITRE ATT&CK mapping.
Uptycs provides observability across both cloud workloads and endpoints in a single centralized platform.
Find out more and try it for free at uptycs.com
- 1Password: It’s that time again when we’re all thinking about plans for the upcoming year. Does your plan include making your team more productive and secure?
100,000 businesses use 1Password to secure employees at scale by encrypting their passwords and sensitive information and helping them get more done, faster.
That’s why, for a limited time only, new customers can get 25% off the first year of 1Password Business and find out how 1Password can boost productivity while protecting their most sensitive data.
Act fast! This deal is only good until December 16, 2021. Find out more and claim your discount at 1Password.com
- Perimeter 81: Perimeter 81 is the first-ever Cybersecurity Experience Platform, designed around Instant Deployment, Unified Management, Integrated Security, and Full Visibility.
Perimeter 81 allows organizations of any and all industry sizes to support IT teams with robust tools to secure and manage your global network with one unified platform.
Securing remote access for cloud and hybrid businesses and organizations, Perimeter 81 provides unified solutions such as Zero Trust Network Access, Firewall as a Service, Device Posture Check, and more.
Learn more and request a demo at perimeter81.com
- How Stanley Kubrick Staged the Moon Landing — The Paris Review.
- The Day the World Didn’t End — NASA.
- Does Finland Exist? Many Don’t Think So — The Culture Trip.
- Mr Goxx, the crypto-trading hamster beating human investors — BBC News.
- Mr Goxx’s Twitch channel — Twitch.
- RIP Mr. Goxx: Cryptocurrency trading HAMSTER DIES of unknown causes — Daily Mail.
- Epstein’s death proves feeding ground for conspiracy theories — Financial Times.
- Smashing Security episode 114: Darknet Diaries, death, and beauty apps — In which we discussed the Quadriga case.
- Find QuadrigaCX’s missing $190 million, and you could win a $100,000 bounty — Graham Cluley.
- Fraud: Charities warned to be extra vigilant over coming months — UK Fundraising.
- Donate safely this Giving Tuesday — FTC.
- Watch The Beatles: Get Back — Disney +
- The Beatles: Get Back trailer — YouTube.
- Kaweco Brass Sport pen.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff