Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/255 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Dinah Davis.
- Uptycs: Uptycs is a cloud-native security analytics platform built to protect the modern attack surface.
- Uptycs zeros in on the blind spots that are preventing you from rapidly identifying and responding to existing threats and vulnerabilities in your ecosystem.
- Uptycs normalizes telemetry from across macOS, Linux, Windows, and containers; records system activity for historical investigation even when no alert has fired; and enables you to build complex custom detections in addition to its industry-leading MITRE ATT&CK mapping.
- Uptycs provides observability across both cloud workloads and endpoints in a single centralized platform.
- Find out more and try it for free at uptycs.com
- 1Password: It’s that time again when we’re all thinking about plans for the upcoming year. Does your plan include making your team more productive and secure?
- 100,000 businesses use 1Password to secure employees at scale by encrypting their passwords and sensitive information and helping them get more done, faster.
- That’s why, for a limited time only, new customers can get 25% off the first year of 1Password Business and find out how 1Password can boost productivity while protecting their most sensitive data.
- Act fast! This deal is only good until December 16, 2021. Find out more and claim your discount at 1Password.com
- CEO of US mortgage company fires 900 employees on a Zoom call — YouTube.
- Better.com Zoom firing: Employees share what it was like — CNN.
- Antiwork subreddit — Reddit.
- Hackers Are Spamming Businesses’ Receipt Printers With ‘Antiwork’ Manifestos — Motherboard Vice.
- Hackers are spamming printers with ‘antiwork’ slogans — Metro.
- How To Get Back At Your Annoyingly Loud Neighbors — Dumpaday.
- Attention Shoppers: Internet Is Open — The New York Times.
- A Brief History of E-commerce — Michael Tefula.
- Global retail e-commerce market size 2014-2023 — Statista.
- Ecommerce Fraud Prevention: How To Protect Your Online Store — Big Commerce.
- How to Secure Your E-Commerce Website: 6 Basic Steps — PC Magazine.
- How to Secure Your eCommerce Website: 7 Tips — MailMunch.
- Twitter Will Take Down Pictures of People Posted Without Their Permission — The New York Times.
- Far-right activists using Twitter new rule against anti-extremist researchers — The Washington Post.
- Far-right target critics with Twitter’s new media policy — BBC News.
- The Guardian Crosswords.
- Guardian Puzzles & Crosswords for iOS — iOS App Store.
- Guardian Puzzles & Crosswords for Android — Google Play store.
- Now that’s what I call a Hacker — Jitbit.
- Taskmaster — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff