Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/255 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Dinah Davis.
- Uptycs: Uptycs is a cloud-native security analytics platform built to protect the modern attack surface.
Uptycs zeros in on the blind spots that are preventing you from rapidly identifying and responding to existing threats and vulnerabilities in your ecosystem.
Uptycs normalizes telemetry from across macOS, Linux, Windows, and containers; records system activity for historical investigation even when no alert has fired; and enables you to build complex custom detections in addition to its industry-leading MITRE ATT&CK mapping.
Uptycs provides observability across both cloud workloads and endpoints in a single centralized platform.
Find out more and try it for free at uptycs.com
- 1Password: It’s that time again when we’re all thinking about plans for the upcoming year. Does your plan include making your team more productive and secure?
100,000 businesses use 1Password to secure employees at scale by encrypting their passwords and sensitive information and helping them get more done, faster.
That’s why, for a limited time only, new customers can get 25% off the first year of 1Password Business and find out how 1Password can boost productivity while protecting their most sensitive data.
Act fast! This deal is only good until December 16, 2021. Find out more and claim your discount at 1Password.com
- CEO of US mortgage company fires 900 employees on a Zoom call — YouTube.
- Better.com Zoom firing: Employees share what it was like — CNN.
- Antiwork subreddit — Reddit.
- Hackers Are Spamming Businesses’ Receipt Printers With ‘Antiwork’ Manifestos — Motherboard Vice.
- Hackers are spamming printers with ‘antiwork’ slogans — Metro.
- How To Get Back At Your Annoyingly Loud Neighbors — Dumpaday.
- Attention Shoppers: Internet Is Open — The New York Times.
- A Brief History of E-commerce — Michael Tefula.
- Global retail e-commerce market size 2014-2023 — Statista.
- Ecommerce Fraud Prevention: How To Protect Your Online Store — Big Commerce.
- How to Secure Your E-Commerce Website: 6 Basic Steps — PC Magazine.
- How to Secure Your eCommerce Website: 7 Tips — MailMunch.
- Twitter Will Take Down Pictures of People Posted Without Their Permission — The New York Times.
- Far-right activists using Twitter new rule against anti-extremist researchers — The Washington Post.
- Far-right target critics with Twitter’s new media policy — BBC News.
- The Guardian Crosswords.
- Guardian Puzzles & Crosswords for iOS — iOS App Store.
- Guardian Puzzles & Crosswords for Android — Google Play store.
- Now that’s what I call a Hacker — Jitbit.
- Taskmaster — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff