Who’s wearing the pyjamas while they take down North Korea’s internet? Is it a case of cop or cosplay in Oregon? And what’s to fear about the metaverse?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Cyberwire’s Dave Bittner.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/261 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Dave Bittner.
- 1Password: 1Password Families makes sharing passwords, logins, credit cards and more a (romantic) walk in the park. From now until February 28th, when you sign up for – or upgrade your individual account to – a 1Password Families membership, you’ll get $20 off the entire year!
- Learn more at smashingsecurity.com/love1password
- baramundi: Optimize your IT processes with the baramundi Management Suite and make optimal use of resources by automating time-consuming routine tasks.
- Stay in control and maximize your productivity by automating routine tasks. The Unified Endpoint Management Software can be installed and implemented quickly, is intuitive to use, has a modular structure and offers a high level of usability and transparency.
- Try out the free 30-Day full version for yourself today at baramundi.com/smashingsecurity
- Space Station Photos Show North Korea at Night, Cloaked in Darkness — National Geographic.
- North Korea Hacked Him. So He Took Down Its Internet — Wired.
- North Korean hackers attempt to hack security researchers investigating zero-day vulnerabilities — Hot for Security.
- Woman ‘Tricked’ to Believe She Was a D.E.A. Agent Trainee, Official Says — New York Times.
- Alleged DEA imposter in Portland took woman on ‘ride-alongs,’ had her flash fake badge to find informants among homeless people, complaint says — Oregon Live.
- Meta forced to add ‘personal boundaries’ to the Metaverse after woman was sexually harassed in virtual reality — The Independent.
- Horizon Worlds metaverse app could pose danger for kids, experts say — Washington Post.
- The metaverse has a groping problem already — MIT Technology Review.
- Sexual harassment in the metaverse? Woman says she was virtually raped — USA Today.
- Talking Telephone Numbers Breakdown w/ separated Transmission & Talkback audio — YouTube.
- 2013 Tony Awards Director On FIRE!!! — YouTube.
- Ghosts — BBC iPlayer.
- Chateau Snavely — A terrible Fawlty Towers remake from 1978, with Betty White.
- Amanda’s By the Sea — A terrible Fawlty Towers remake from 1983, with Bea Arthur.
- Payne — A terrible Fawlty Towers remake from 1999, which doesn’t star anyone from The Golden Girls.
- Couples Therapy — BBC iPlayer.
- Couples Therapy trailer — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff