Germany tells consumers to stop using Kaspersky anti-virus products, OSINT reveals a secret government department (with help from an Apple AirTag), and the UK says it’s taking a hard line on cyberflashing.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Chris Kirsch.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/266 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Chris Kirsch.
- Drata: Is your organization finding it difficult to achieve compliance and scale its security posture? As G2’s highest rated cloud compliance software, Drata streamlines your SOC 2, ISO 27001, PCI DSS, GDPR & HIPAA compliance and provides 24-hour continuous control monitoring so you focus on scaling securely. Drata is also the only compliance automation platform with a private tenant database. That’s like having your cake and securing it too
- Countless security professionals from companies including Notion, FullStory, & BambooHR have shared how crucial it has been to have Drata as a trusted partner in the compliance process.
- Listeners of Smashing Security can get 10% off Drata and waived implementation fees at smashingsecurity.com/drata
- Kolide: Kolide is a SaaS app that sends employees important, timely, and relevant security recommendations concerning their Mac, Windows, and Linux devices, right inside Slack.
- Kolide is perfect for organizations that want to move beyond a traditional lock-down model and move to one where employees are educated about security and device management while fixing nuanced problems. We call this approach Honest Security.
- You can try Kolide on an unlimited number of devices with all its features for free and without a credit card for 14 days.
- Kaspersky Has Close Ties to Russian Spies — Bloomberg.
- Kaspersky hit by new below-the-belt sauna spy attack — Graham Cluley.
- A practical guide to making up a sensation — Eugene Kaspersky.
- US intelligence chiefs don’t trust Kaspersky. But why? — Graham Cluley.
- UK cyber agency targets Kaspersky in warning on Russian software — Reuters.
- Group-IB founder arrested in Moscow on state treason charges — The Record.
- BSI warning about using Kaspersky.
- Kaspersky statement regarding the BSI warning — Kaspersky.
- Collateral Damage — on Cybersecurity — Open letter from Eugene Kaspersky.
- Apple’s AirTag uncovers a secret German intelligence agency — Apple Insider.
- Bundesservice Telekommunikation — wie ich versehentlich eine Tarnbehörde in der Bundesverwaltung fand — Lilith Wittmann.
- Bundesservice Telekommunikation — enttarnt: Dieser Geheimdienst steckt dahinter — Lilith Wittmann.
- Loophole in law means men will still get away with sending penis pictures — Cambridgeshire Live.
- Cyberflashing to be criminalised under new online safety bill — The Independent.
- ‘Cyberflashing’ to become a criminal offence — UK Government.
- Is there hidden sexual abuse going on in your school? — TES Magazine.
- 13 genius ways to respond to unsolicited dick pics — Cosmopolitan.
- Whatever Happened to Pizza at McDonald’s?
- A Podcast Answers a Fast-Food Question That Nobody Is Asking — The New York Times.
- Forget Adnan and Richard Simmons, ‘Whatever Happened to Pizza at McDonald’s?’ Is the Mystery-Solving Podcast You Need — Vulture.
- Cook-Out on Oculus Quest — Oculus.
- Cook-Out: A Sandwich Tale trailer — YouTube.
- 100,000 Stars.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)