Strange goings-on on LinkedIn, Ukraine publishes a list of alleged Russian FSB agents, and police in Pittsburgh investigate an odd report of an active shooter.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Lazarus Heist's Geoff White.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/268 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Geoff White.
- Keeper Security: Keeper Security’s enterprise password management platform locks down logins, payment cards, confidential documents, API keys, and database passwords in a patented Zero-Knowledge encrypted vault. And, it takes less than an hour to deploy across your organization.
Sign up for a Keeper free trial for your organization today, and get a free 3-year personal plan, at keepersecurity.com/smashing
- Kolide: Kolide is a SaaS app that sends employees important, timely, and relevant security recommendations concerning their Mac, Windows, and Linux devices, right inside Slack.
Kolide is perfect for organizations that want to move beyond a traditional lock-down model and move to one where employees are educated about security and device management while fixing nuanced problems. We call this approach Honest Security.
You can try Kolide on an unlimited number of devices with all its features for free and without a credit card for 14 days.
- North Korea tests its ‘largest intercontinental ballistic missile’ — YouTube.
- LinkedIn Professional Community Policies — LinkedIn.
- Community Report — LinkedIn.
- The latest marketing tactic on LinkedIn: AI-generated faces — NPR.
- List of FSB agents — Ukraine Ministry of Defence.
- How the Dutch foiled Russian ‘cyber-attack’ on OPCW — BBC News.
- Boris Nemtsov: Murdered Putin rival ‘tailed’ by agent linked to FSB hit squad — BBC News.
- Police: Autocorrected text triggered large police presence on Pittsburgh’s North Side — WPXI.
- Pickle me up: Hilarious autocorrect fails, from Krispy Koreans to wet, sloppy kids — Daily Mail.
- After Life — Netflix.
- After Life trailer — YouTube.
- “Time on Rock – A Climber’s Route into the Mountains” by Anna Fleming — Canongate Books.
- Severance — Apple TV.
- Severance trailer — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)