Pulchritudinous women with glossy long hair are targeting Israeli officials via Facebook – but why? Scammers have found a new way to gain access to your most sensitive information – but how? And armchair detectives are helping investigating cold cases involving DNA – but should they?
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/270 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Maria Varmazis.
- Kolide: Kolide is a SaaS app that sends employees important, timely, and relevant security recommendations concerning their Mac, Windows, and Linux devices, right inside Slack.
Kolide is perfect for organizations that want to move beyond a traditional lock-down model and move to one where employees are educated about security and device management while fixing nuanced problems. We call this approach Honest Security.
You can try Kolide on an unlimited number of devices with all its features for free and without a credit card for 14 days.
- Keeper Security: Keeper Security’s enterprise password management platform locks down logins, payment cards, confidential documents, API keys, and database passwords in a patented Zero-Knowledge encrypted vault. And, it takes less than an hour to deploy across your organization.
Sign up for a Keeper free trial for your organization today, and get a free 3-year personal plan, at keepersecurity.com/smashing
- How Barbie’s body size would look in real life — Daily Mail.
- Operation Bearded Barbie: APT-C-23 Campaign Targeting Israeli Officials — Cybereason.
- Hackers Gaining Power of Subpoena Via Fake “Emergency Data Requests” — Brian Krebs.
- What we know about the increase in U.S. murders in 2020 — Pew Research Center.
- The History of DNA: From Crime Scenes to Consumer Goods — University of West Florida.
- How an Unlikely Family History Website Transformed Cold Case Investigations — The New York Times.
- DNA Databases Are Boon to Police But Menace to Privacy, Critics Say — PEW.
- Philanthropists Push Police Searches of DNA Databases — The New York Times.
- Help solve crimes with your DNA — DNASolves.
- Hackers Attacked Two Leading Genetic Genealogy Websites — BuzzFeed.
- How to Pronounce Moët & Chandon? And WHY?! — YouTube.
- How to Pronounce Wednesday? (CORRECTLY) — YouTube.
- Julien Miquel on YouTube.
- Support Maria Varmazis as she raises money for Cancer Research — Pan-Mass Challenge.
- The House (2022 film) — Wikipedia.
- The House — Netflix.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)