Clearview AI receives something of a slap in the face, and who is wrestling over an internet wormhole?
And don’t miss our featured interview with Artur Kane of GoodAccess.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/274 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Artur Kane.
- GoodAccess: GoodAccess – Free Business Cloud VPN for up to 100 Users.
- Get a cloud VPN with strong network encryption and unprecedented online threat protection. No hardware. 100% free. Just create your team and enjoy GoodAccess forever.
- Rumble: Rumble, made by the creator of Metasploit, finds many devices connected to your network that other solutions miss, including orphaned machines running outdated operating systems.
- It can even tell you which machines are missing endpoint protection, from your local network to the cloud.
- Sign up for a free trial and build your asset inventory in minutes. Get your trial at rumble.run
- Kolide: At Kolide, we believe the supposedly Average Person is the key to unlocking a new class of security detection, compliance, and threat remediation. So do the hundreds of organizations that send important security notifications to employees from Kolide’s Slack app.
- Collectively, we know that organizations can dramatically lower the actual risks they will likely face with a structured, message-based approach. More importantly, they’ll be able to engage end-users to fix nuanced problems that can’t be automated.
- Try Kolide Free for 14 Days; no credit card required.
- Carl Sagan – Cosmos – Space Travel — YouTube.
- ‘Tired’ Carl Sagan Fan Sells Wormhole.com to Crypto Giant Jump for $50K After Lawsuit — Decrypt.
- ACLU vs Clearview AI — American Civil Liberties Union.
- Clearview AI Offered Free Trials To Police Around The World — Buzzfeed News.
- US State Privacy Legislation Tracker — IAPP.
- The Secretive Company That Might End Privacy as We Know It — The New York Times.
- In Big Win, Settlement Ensures Clearview AI Complies With Groundbreaking Illinois Biometric Privacy Law — American Civil Liberties Union
- OwlKitty — YouTube.
- Review: The Balldo Made Me Rethink Sex in the Most Absurd Way Possible — Wired.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)