A man hacks his employer to prove its security sucks, Telegram provides a helping hand to the Eternity Project malware, and what the heck do mental health apps think they’re up to?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Dr Jessica Barker.
Plus don’t miss our featured interview with Rumble’s Chris Kirsch.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/275 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guests: Chris Kirsch and Jessica Barker.
- Kolide: Kolide is a SaaS app that sends employees important, timely, and relevant security recommendations concerning their Mac, Windows, and Linux devices, right inside Slack.
- Kolide is perfect for organizations that want to move beyond a traditional lock-down model and move to one where employees are educated about security and device management while fixing nuanced problems. We call this approach Honest Security.
- You can try Kolide on an unlimited number of devices with all its features for free and without a credit card for 14 days.
- GoodAccess: GoodAccess – Free Business Cloud VPN for up to 100 Users.
- Get a cloud VPN with strong network encryption and unprecedented online threat protection. No hardware. 100% free. Just create your team and enjoy GoodAccess forever.
- Rumble: Rumble, made by the creator of Metasploit, finds many devices connected to your network that other solutions miss, including orphaned machines running outdated operating systems.
- It can even tell you which machines are missing endpoint protection, from your local network to the cloud.
- Sign up for a free trial and build your asset inventory in minutes. Get your trial at rumble.run
- Angry IT admin wipes employer’s databases, gets 7 years in prison — Bleeping Computer.
- A closer look at Eternity Malware — Cyble.
- Researchers Warn of “Eternity Project” Malware Service Being Sold via Telegram — The Hacker News.
- Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap: Russian RAT Offers Backdoor Bargains — BlackBerry.
- Top Mental Health and Prayer Apps Fail Spectacularly at Privacy, Security — Mozilla Foundation.
- Talkspace privacy & security guide — Mozilla Foundation.
- BetterHelp privacy & security guide — Mozilla Foundation.
- Dramatic growth in mental-health apps has created a risky industry — The Economist.
- Meltdown Three Mile Island — Netflix.
- The China Syndrome trailer — YouTube.
- Slow Horses — Apple TV+.
- Therapist Uncensored podcast.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)