A man hacks his employer to prove its security sucks, Telegram provides a helping hand to the Eternity Project malware, and what the heck do mental health apps think they're up to?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Dr Jessica Barker.
Plus don't miss our featured interview with Rumble's Chris Kirsch.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/275 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Angry IT admin wipes employer’s databases, gets 7 years in prison — Bleeping Computer.
- A closer look at Eternity Malware — Cyble.
- Researchers Warn of "Eternity Project" Malware Service Being Sold via Telegram — The Hacker News.
- Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap: Russian RAT Offers Backdoor Bargains — BlackBerry.
- Top Mental Health and Prayer Apps Fail Spectacularly at Privacy, Security — Mozilla Foundation.
- Talkspace privacy & security guide — Mozilla Foundation.
- BetterHelp privacy & security guide — Mozilla Foundation.
- Dramatic growth in mental-health apps has created a risky industry — The Economist.
- Meltdown Three Mile Island — Netflix.
- The China Syndrome trailer — YouTube.
- Slow Horses — Apple TV+.
- Therapist Uncensored podcast.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)