How did a saxophonist sneak sensitive information in and out of the Soviet Union? How might an Apple AirTag have led to murder? And isn’t the world of cryptocurrency and blockchain doing just great?
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/279 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Kolide: Kolide is a SaaS app that sends employees important, timely, and relevant security recommendations concerning their Mac, Windows, and Linux devices, right inside Slack.
- Kolide is perfect for organizations that want to move beyond a traditional lock-down model and move to one where employees are educated about security and device management while fixing nuanced problems. We call this approach Honest Security.
- You can try Kolide on an unlimited number of devices with all its features for free and without a credit card for 14 days.
- Bitwarden: A password manager is an important tool for generating and saving secure credentials for every online account. Bitwarden makes it easy to stay secure and for businesses to share logins with team members and departments. Open source with published 3rd party security audits, Bitwarden is transparent and secure, utilizing end-to-end and zero knowledge encryption with source code that can be scrutinized by all.
- Learn how Bitwarden can help you do business faster and more securely at bitwarden.com/smashing and start a free business plan trial today.
- Drata: Is your organization finding it difficult to achieve compliance and scale its security posture? As G2’s highest rated cloud compliance software, Drata streamlines your SOC 2, ISO 27001, PCI DSS, GDPR & HIPAA compliance and provides 24-hour continuous control monitoring so you focus on scaling securely. Drata is also the only compliance automation platform with a private tenant database. That’s like having your cake and securing it too
- Countless security professionals from companies including Notion, FullStory, & BambooHR have shared how crucial it has been to have Drata as a trusted partner in the compliance process.
- Listeners of Smashing Security can get 10% off Drata and waived implementation fees at smashingsecurity.com/drata
- Welsh James Bond Timothy Dalton’s cello escape in “The Living Daylights” — YouTube.
- How a Saxophonist Tricked the KGB by Encrypting Secrets in Music — Wired.
- Woman accused of killing boyfriend using AirTag tracking — The Register.
- Andre Smith fatally struck by car outside Tilly’s Pub, woman charged — Indy Star.
- Indianapolis woman Gaylyn Morris accused of tracking boyfriend with Apple AirTag, killing him with car, police say — The Washington Post.
- An update on AirTag and unwanted tracking — Apple.
- Apple Updates iPhone with ‘Safety Check’ for Domestic Victims — Gizmodo.
- Web3 is going just great.
- Audm – Listen to feature stories from The Atlantic, WIRED, and more.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)