Uber may not face prosecution over its handling of a 2016 data breach - but its former chief security head does; how to defend your digital devices' data while on vacation, and how to change your accent with artificial intelligence.
Plus don't miss our featured interview with Ian Farquhar of Gigamon.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/285 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Uber Enters Non-Prosecution Agreement Related to 2016 Data Breach — US Department of Justice.
- Former Uber Security Chief Joe Sullivan Must Face Driver Fraud Charges — Bloomberg.
- Uber to pay $148 million in data breach settlement — TechCrunch.
- Uber paid hackers $100,000 to keep data breach quiet — Graham Cluley.
- Uber CISO's trial underscores the importance of truth, transparency, and trust — CSO Online.
- 7 cybersecurity tips for your summer vacation! — Naked Security.
- Sanas demo.
- Sanas Raises $32M for Breakthrough AI Technology for Real-Time Accent Translation — Sanas press release.
- This 6-Million-Dollar AI Changes Accents as You Speak — IEEE Spectrum.
- Call centre workers can use AI to mimic your accent on the phone — New Scientist.
- A little less accent, a little more customer service — ComputerWorld.
- What Is Accent Reduction? — Accent Advisor.
- Compound pejoratives on Reddit – from 'buttface' to 'wankpuffin' — Colin Morris.
- Melissa computer virus — Wikipedia.
- Dedham Hall.
- 3D capture of Carole Theriault — Polycam.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)