Anti-porn “shameware” apps take a privacy pounding, is your image already being used by AI, and deepfake danger continues to deepen.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Host Unknown’s Thom Langford.
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
- The Ungodly Surveillance of Anti-Porn ‘Shameware’ Apps – WIRED.
- Covenant Eyes.
- Sick and tired of trying to quit porn? You’re not alone – Covenant Eyes promotional video.
- AI Is Probably Using Your Images and It’s Not Easy to Opt Out – Vice.
- ISIS Executions and Non-Consensual Porn Are Powering AI Art – Vice.
- Have I been trained?
- The Deepfake Danger: When It Wasn’t You On That Zoom Call – CSO Online.
- Deepfake Audio Has A Tell – Researchers Use Fluid Dynamics To Spot Artificial Imposter Voices – The Conversation.
- Deephy: On Deepfake Phylogeny – Cornell University.
- On The Horizon: Interactive And Compositional Deepfakes – Microsoft.
- Detect DeepFakes: How to counteract misinformation created by AI – MIT University.
- New Deepfake Threats Loom, Says Microsoft’s Chief Science Officer – Venture Beat.
- The Joy of Sets – BBC Archive.
- Steam Deck.
- Am I Being Unreasonable? – BBC iPlayer.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Kolide – the SaaS app that sends employees important, timely, and relevant security recommendations concerning their Mac, Windows, and Linux devices, right inside Slack.
- Bitwarden – Password security you can trust. Bitwarden is an open source password manager trusted by millions of individuals, teams, and organizations worldwide for secure password storage and sharing.
- The Cyber Security Inside podcast – Relevant cybersecurity topics in clear, easy-to-understand language. With every episode, you’ll walk away smarter about cybersecurity, and have fun while you’re at it!
Support the show:
You can help the podcast by telling your friends and colleagues about “Smashing Security”, and leaving us a review on Apple Podcasts or Podchaser.
Become a Patreon supporter for ad-free episodes and our early-release feed!
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.