Why deleting your Twitter account may be a very bad idea, how the police unravelled the iSpoof fraud gang, and a trip into outer space (or at least interplanetary file systems).
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by original show co-host Vanja Švajcer.
What an amazing 6 years of bickering it has been… thanks to all of you who have tuned in, appeared on the show, or supported us! 🙏
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
- Smashing Security #001: “One cup, two hotel guests” – YouTube.
- Whoopi Goldberg Quitting Twitter: “As Of Tonight I’m Done” – Deadline.
- Stephen Fry Joins Celebrity Twitter Exodus, Says “Goodbye” With Scrabble Message – Deadline.
- Twitter Users Warned Not To Delete Their Accounts – Here’s Why – Forbes
- How to deactivate your account – Twitter.
- InterPlanetary File System – Wikipedia.
- Cyber Criminal Adoption of IPFS for Phishing, Malware Campaigns – Cisco Talos.
- Decentralized IPFS networks forming the ‘hotbed of phishing’ – The Register.
- UK police arrest 120 in largest-ever cyber fraud crackdown – Computer Weekly.
- Grote spoofingdienst uit de lucht gehaald door internationale samenwerking – Politie.nl.
- Received a text from the Metropolitan Police about iSpoof? – Cel solicitors.
- iSpoof’ service dismantled, main operator and 145 users arrested – Bleeping Computer.
- iSpoof: What is iSpoof and how did police take down scam call site linked to 200,000 victims? – The Scotman.
- Listen to the message the Met Police left on the iSpoof gang’s Telegram channel – Twitter.
- Scrotum Concealment – Spy Museum.
- The CIA’s Fake Scrotum That Hid a Radio – YouTube.
- Blitzed! (2020) – IMDB.
- Watch Blitzed: The 80s Blitz Kids Story – NOW TV.
- Bob Dylan on the Songs That Captivate and Define Us – New York Times.
- Bob Dylan Gets Tangled Up in Book Autograph Controversy– New York Times.
- Bob Dylan apologises for machine-printed ‘signatures’ – BBC News.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Drata – Put Security and Compliance on Autopilot. Build trust with your customers and scale securely with Drata, the smartest way to achieve continuous SOC 2, ISO 27001 & HIPAA compliance.
- Bitwarden – Password security you can trust. Bitwarden is an open source password manager trusted by millions of individuals, teams, and organizations worldwide for secure password storage and sharing.
- Kolide – the SaaS app that sends employees important, timely, and relevant security recommendations concerning their Mac, Windows, and Linux devices, right inside Slack.
Support the show:
You can help the podcast by telling your friends and colleagues about “Smashing Security”, and leaving us a review on Apple Podcasts or Podchaser.
Become a Patreon supporter for ad-free episodes and our early-release feed!
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or on Mastodon, or on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.