Someone called OxShagger thinks he has come up with the perfect Valentine’s surprise for Oxford students, but is the way he has gone about “bookworms with benefits” really a good idea? Robot security guards are trundling the streets of – you guessed it – America. And a writer of paranormal bully romances (no, we don’t know what that means either) returns from the grave…
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Host Unknown’s Andrew Agnês.
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
- Bitwarden – Bitwarden vaults are end-to-end encrypted with zero-knowledge encryption, including, the URLs for the websites you have accounts for. Migrate to Bitwarden for a more secure password manager.
- ManageEngine PAM360 – A fully functional privileged access management suite that offers a holistic picture of all the privileged devices, users, and credentials in the IT infrastructure. From managing and governing access to all your enterprise resources to automating the access management life cycle in your organization, PAM360 does it all.
- NordLayer – NordLayer safeguards your company’s network, securing and protecting remote workforces as well as business data. It can even help you ensure security compliance. Get your first month free.
- Dating site for horny Oxford students slammed for privacy violations – Cherwell.
- OxShag will not be running this term as creator says they ‘made some poor choices’ – The Oxford Tab.
- Dysfunctional: OxShag to shut down amid controversy – Cherwell.
- Oxford University dating website for staff and students shut down after ‘huge data breach’ – The Times.
- CES 2023 Robots: Humanoid Helpers, Coding Pups and Farming Planters – CNet.
- One of America’s most hated companies hired a security robot. It didn’t go well – ZDNet.
- Robot security downtown getting lots of attention, KHON2 News – YouTube.
- 4 New Contracts for 8 Machines to Kick Off New Year at Knightscope – Knightscope.
- Why was Susan Meachen bullied in 2020? – Reddit.
- Fan outrage at Susan Meachen, the romance novelist accused of faking her death – BBC.
- The Book Community Thought This Author Died. Now, It Seems Her Suicide Was a Hoax – Rolling Stone.
- Vampire Survivors – Steam.
- Vampire Survivors trailer – YouTube.
- Vampire Survivors, a cheap, minimalistic indie game, is my game of the year – Ars Technica.
- Rewind support article on the importance of consent – Rewind.
- Air Lounger – Orsen.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
Support the show:
You can help the podcast by telling your friends and colleagues about “Smashing Security”, and leaving us a review on Apple Podcasts or Podchaser.
Become a supporter via Patreon or Apple Podcasts for ad-free episodes and our early-release feed!
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or on Mastodon, or on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.