Could a senior Latvian politician really be responsible for scamming hundreds of “mothers-of-two” in the UK? (Probably not, despite Graham’s theories…) And should we be getting worried about the AI wonder that is ChatGPT?
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault.
Plus don’t miss our featured interview with DigiCert’s Brian “PKI” Trzupek.
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
- Artis Pabriks.
- ‘I left my partner and lost £80,000 to a fake Facebook romance’: Manchester mum’s warning over catfishing scam – Manchester World.
- ‘I know I have been a fool but these are the things we do for love’, says mum duped out of £80k by Facebook lover – Manchester Evening News.
- Amazon Warns Employees to Beware of ChatGPT – Gizmodo.
- ChatGPT’s soaring popularity has added $5 billion to the wealth of Nvidia’s founder as Wall Street bets on AI boom for the chipmaker – Business Insider.
- ChatGPT raises red flags by acing MBA exam.
- ChatGPT passes exams from law and business schools – CNN.
- I asked ChatGPT how to negotiate a raise. Career coaches said I’d probably get one by following the AI chatbot’s steps and script – Business Insider.
- Real estate agents say they can’t imagine working without ChatGPT now – CNN.
- Science journals ban listing of ChatGPT as co-author on papers – The Guardian.
- Blakes 7 Bot – an automated bot that posts lines of dialogue from Blakes 7.
- Yarn – Find video clips by quotes.
- The New Gurus Podcast – BBC Sounds.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Bitwarden – Bitwarden vaults are end-to-end encrypted with zero-knowledge encryption, including, the URLs for the websites you have accounts for. Migrate to Bitwarden for a more secure password manager.
- DigiCert – DigiCert’s Trust Lifecycle Manager sets a new bar for unified management of digital trust.
- Sealit – Zero Trust Data Protection: protect, share, and monitor confidential emails and files – without passwords. Integrated with Gmail, Outlook, and file systems. Learn more and take advantage of Sealit’s special offer to “Smashing Security” listeners.
Support the show:
Tell your friends and colleagues about “Smashing Security”, and leave us a review on Apple Podcasts or Podchaser.
Become a supporter via Patreon or Apple Podcasts for ad-free episodes and our early-release feed!
Follow us on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or Mastodon, or on the Smashing Security subreddit, and visit our website for more episodes.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.