Scammers get pwned by a Canadian granny! Don’t be seduced in a bar by an iPhone thief! And will the US Marshals be able to track down the villains who stole their data?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Anna Brading.
Plus don’t miss our featured interview with Jason Meller of Kolide.
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
- They thought they could scam this Windsor grandmother of nearly $10K. She turned the tables on them – CBC.
- Canada grandma helps stop fraud scheme targeting senior citizens – BBC News.
- A Basic iPhone Feature Helps Criminals Steal Your Entire Digital Life – Wall Street Journal.
- Ransomware attack on US Marshals Service affects ‘law enforcement sensitive information’ – CNN.
- Hackers steal sensitive law enforcement data in a breach of the U.S. Marshals Service – NPR.
- 9 millionaires and billionaires with the most bizarre spending habits – Business Insider.
- Phishing still the leading way attackers breach security controls: IBM – IT World Canada.
- New White House cyber strategy picks a fight with ransomware – AXIOS.
- Happy Valley – BBC.
- My 80s TV.
- Everything Everywhere All at Once – IMDB.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Bitwarden – Password security you can trust. Bitwarden is an open source password manager trusted by millions of individuals, teams, and organizations worldwide for secure password storage and sharing.
- Kolide – Kolide ensures that if your device isn’t secure it can’t access your cloud apps. It’s Zero Trust for Okta. Watch a demo today!
- Drata – With over 14 frameworks including SOC2, GDPR, HIPAA, and ISO 27001, Drata gets you audit-ready for crucial security standards needed to scale your business. As a listener to Smashing Security you can save 10% off Drata and have implementation fees waived.
Support the show:
Tell your friends and colleagues about “Smashing Security”, and leave us a review on Apple Podcasts or Podchaser.
Become a supporter via Patreon or Apple Podcasts for ad-free episodes and our early-release feed!
Follow us on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or Mastodon, or on the Smashing Security subreddit, and visit our website for more episodes.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.