It could be a case of aCropalypse now for Google Pixel users, there’s a warning for house buyers, and just why is TikTok being singled out for privacy concerns?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Thom Langford.
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
- Stop pixelating! New tool reveals the secrets of “redacted” documents – Hot for Security.
- Google Pixel exploit reverses edited parts of screenshots – The Verge.
- Tweet by researcher Simon Aarons – Twitter.
- aCropalypse demo.
- Samsung ‘Fake’ Moon Shots Controversy Puts Computational Photography in the Spotlight – MacRumors.
- Android phones can be hacked just by someone knowing your phone number – Graham Cluley.
- BBC advises staff to delete TikTok from work phones – BBC News.
- TikTok: UK ministers banned from using Chinese-owned app on government phones – BBC News.
- TikTok banned from official Welsh government phones – BBC News.
- Danish public broadcaster advises staff against using TikTok – BBC News.
- Canada bans TikTok on government devices – BBC News.
- European Commission bans TikTok on staff devices – BBC News.
- New bill would ban TikTok in the US but it faces long odds – BBC News.
- A Retired Teacher and Her Daughter Were Scammed Out of $200,000 Over Email: ‘I’m 69 Years Old and Now I’m Broke and Homeless’ – Entrepreneur.
- Retired Colorado teacher left homeless and broke after scammers hijack house sale – MSN.
- Homebuyers scammed out of nearly $200,000 – YouTube.
- Stolen life savings Vickie and Sarah Ragle – Go Fund Me.
- The Play That Goes Wrong.
- The Goes Wrong Show 90 Degrees clip – YouTube.
- The Goes Wrong Show Series One – Amazon Prime.
- Poo Pays.
- MiniPresso NS2 – Wacaco.
- Restart Podcast – BBC.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Bitwarden – Password security you can trust. Bitwarden is an open source password manager trusted by millions of individuals, teams, and organizations worldwide for secure password storage and sharing.
- Kolide – Kolide ensures that if your device isn’t secure it can’t access your cloud apps. It’s Zero Trust for Okta. Watch a demo today!
- Drata – With over 14 frameworks including SOC2, GDPR, HIPAA, and ISO 27001, Drata gets you audit-ready for crucial security standards needed to scale your business. As a listener to Smashing Security you can save 10% off Drata and have implementation fees waived.
Support the show:
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.