A boss is bitten in the bottom after being struck by one of the worst crimes in Finnish history, Strava’s privacy isn’t so private, and a private investigator uncovers some TikTok tall tales.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by T-Minus’s Maria Varmazis.
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
- Finnish therapy clinic’s CEO fired after despicable data breach and blackmail threats – Graham Cluley.
- Lizard Squad Member: Why I Took Down Xbox and PlayStation – Sky News on YouTube.
- Hacker Charged With Extorting Online Psychotherapy Service – Krebs on Security.
- Finland’s Most-Wanted Hacker Nabbed in France – Krebs on Security.
- Ex-CEO of hacked therapy clinic sentenced for failing to protect patients’ session notes – Bitdefender.
- Hackers can find your home on Strava even if you use privacy settings, researchers find – Yahoo Sports.
- Iron Bianca hashtag on TikTok – TIkTok.
- Investigators warn of fake suicide scams on social media platforms – MSN News.
- How did Iron Bianca die? Tribute Pours In As Tiktok Star Passed Away – PBK News.
- Spill-the-Tea-007 TikTok Channel – TikTok.
- Mike Bolhius Private Investigator – Mike Bolhius homepage.
- Paint trailer – YouTube.
- Bob Ross: Happy Accidents, Betrayal & Greed – Netflix.
- Star Trek: Picard – Paramount Plus.
- The Diplomat – Netflix.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Bitwarden – Password security you can trust. Bitwarden is an open source password manager trusted by millions of individuals, teams, and organizations worldwide for secure password storage and sharing.
- Kolide – Kolide ensures that if your device isn’t secure it can’t access your cloud apps. It’s Zero Trust for Okta. Watch a demo today!
- hCaptcha – hCaptcha Enterprise is the leading Security ML platform. hCaptcha adapts to detect and block even the most sophisticated attacks, keeping you ahead of evolving threats.Start your free trial today.
SUPPORT THE SHOW:
Tell your friends and colleagues about “Smashing Security”, and leave us a review on Apple Podcasts or Podchaser.
Become a supporter via Patreon or Apple Podcasts for ad-free episodes and our early-release feed!
Follow us on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or Mastodon, or on the Smashing Security subreddit, and visit our website for more episodes.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.