There are shocking revelations about a US Government data suck-up, historic security breaches at Windsor Castle, and the MOVEit hack causes consternation.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Cyberwire’s Dave Bittner.
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
- Declassified files reveal ‘large number’ of security scares at Windsor Castle – Metro.
- Intruder at Windsor: Security 400 scared of unpleasant Andrew’ to turn away fantasist – Express.
- The US Is Openly Stockpiling Dirt on All Its Citizens – Wired.
- I don’t care about cookies browser plugin.
- MOVEit hack: Media watchdog Ofcom latest victim of mass hack – BBC News.
- BBC, BA and Boots issued with ultimatum by cyber gang Clop – BBC News.
- Ukrainian police arrest multiple Clop ransomware gang suspects – TechCrunch.
- BBC and British Airways affected by data breach at payroll company Zellis – The Record.
- BA, Boots and BBC staff details targeted in Russia-linked cyber-attack – The Guardian.
- Zero-Day Vulnerability in MOVEit Transfer Exploited for Data Theft – Mandiant.
- MOVEit Transfer and MOVEit Cloud Vulnerability – Progress.
- MOVEit announces second vulnerability; Minnesota schools agency breached with original bug – The Record.
- An Update on the Steps We are Taking to Protect MOVEit Customers – Ipswitch.
- Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse – IMDB.
- Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse trailer – YouTube.
- The Muppets Mayhem – Disney+.
- The Muppets Mayhem trailer – YouTube.
- NT-USB microphone – Rode.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Bitwarden – Password security you can trust. Bitwarden is an open source password manager trusted by millions of individuals, teams, and organizations worldwide for secure password storage and sharing.
- Kolide – Kolide ensures that if your device isn’t secure it can’t access your cloud apps. It’s Zero Trust for Okta. Watch a demo today!
- Hunters – A SOC platform, built to empower your security team to reduce risk, complexity and costs.
SUPPORT THE SHOW:
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.