Seized cryptocurrency is stolen from the DEA, blue-ticks are being exploited, a bath full of dollar bills, the comfort offered by an ostrich’s head, and how Graham is refusing to call Twitter “X”.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault.
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
- The DEA Accidentally Sent $50,000 Of Seized Cryptocurrency To A Scammer – Forbes.
- Stranger sent dick pics so I convinced him he was dying – YouTube.
- Creeps Airdropping Dick Pics Is the Latest Air Travel Nightmare – Vice.
- Airdrop scam tokens – Trezor.
- Brother of Criminal Bitcoin Mixing CEO Pleads Guilty to Stealing 712 Bitcoins From IRS – CoinDesk.
- Blue-tick scammers target consumers who complain on X – The Guardian.
- Infinite Mac.
- Classic Mac OS – Wikipedia.
- Perplexity AI – chatbot.
- 40 Weirdest Things on Amazon That People Actually Love to Buy – Good Housekeeping.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Kolide – Kolide ensures that if your device isn’t secure it can’t access your cloud apps. It’s Device Trust for Okta. Watch the demo today!
- Beyond Identity – Enables companies with the ability to completely eliminate reliance on passwords and protect against password-based breaches, fraud, and ransomware attacks. Get a free demo.
SUPPORT THE SHOW:
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.