AI news is bad news, an online service to catch your cheating partner, and an IoT-enabled dick cage fails to keep a grip on its own security.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Mark Stockley.
Plus don’t miss our featured interview with Alex Lawrence, principal security architect at Sysdig.
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language. May? Who are we kidding…
- 199: A few tech cock-ups, and one cock lock-up – Smashing Security.
- Smart male chastity lock cock-up – Pen Test Partners.
- “My sexual urges are so out of control I’m considering buying a chastity cage” – Dear Deidre, The Sun.
- Maker of ‘smart’ chastity cage left users’ emails, passwords, and locations exposed – TechCrunch.
- Dispatch pauses AI sports writing program – Axios.
- Would Your Partner Cheat? These ‘Testers’ Will Give You an Answer – The New York Times.
- Loyalty Test.
- Nitpick: Why don’t induction hobs have knobs?
- Longevity… simplified – book by Dr Howard J Luks.
- Oxford Art Society Open Exhibition 2023.
- Carole Theriault art website.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Kolide – Kolide ensures that if your device isn’t secure it can’t access your cloud apps. It’s Device Trust for Okta. Watch the demo today!
- Sysdig – Is your cloud secure? Not without runtime insights! Sysdig delivers the industry’s ONLY complete, consolidated Cloud-Native Application Protection Platform (CNAPP) – powered by runtime insights – to prioritize critical risks and stay ahead of unknown threats. Learn how runtime insights reduces fatigue so developers can focus on delivering software and your security teams can focus on other demands.
- ClearVPN – Hide your IP address, browse without geo-restrictions, and stay private online with a 30 day free trial of its premium plan.
SUPPORT THE SHOW:
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.