Hackers are holding HBO to ransom after a massive data breach, and have leaked the phone numbers and email addresses of "Game of Thrones" cast members. Has security firm Carbon Black been leaking customers's sensitive files while trying to scan them? And Disney's mobile apps are accused of spying on kids...
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by John Hawes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.Support Smashing Security
- FBI arrests WannaCry's 'accidental hero' in connection with Kronos banking trojan
- HBO hack ransom note: Watch the video, set to Game of Thrones music
- Game of Thrones stars' personal phone numbers leaked, as HBO hackers attempt to extort ransom
- Markus Ueberall's tweet
- Movie studio tells all about Dark Overlord's leak of 'Orange Is the New Black'
- Harvesting Cb Response Data Leaks for fun and profit | DirectDefense
- DirectDefense Incorrectly Asserts Architectural Flaw in Cb Response | Carbon Black — Carbon Black responds.
- Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule ("COPPA") | Federal Trade Commission
- Parents claim Disney gobbled up kids' info through mobile games • The Register
- Adult Life Skills (2016) - IMDb
- Intelligence (Canadian TV series) - Wikipedia
- Secrets, Crimes & Audiotape
- BBC Radio 4 - Seriously...
- Smashing Security podcast on Facebook
- Smashing Security online store