Investigative journalist Geoff White’s exclusives have covered everything from fraud in the internet dating industry to the shadowy world of Russian cybercrime gangs.
He works mainly for Channel 4 News and the BBC, with a focus on tech security, personal data, privacy and e-crime.
He is also the co-creator of “The Secret Life of Your Mobile Phone”, a live, interactive phone hacking stage performance which shows how the global technology industry is harvesting the data leaking from your handset.
13 episodes of the Smashing Security podcast:
- 278: Tim Hortons, avoiding sanctions, and good faith security research Jun 8, 2022
- 268: LinkedIn deepfakes, doxxing Russian spies, and a false alarm Mar 30, 2022
- 224: The Lazarus Heist, Facebook faux pas, and no-cost security Apr 21, 2021
- 190: Twitter hack arrests, email bad behaviour, and Fawkes vs facial recognition Aug 5, 2020
- 177: Elon Musk, Roblox, and Love Bug author found May 6, 2020
- 171: WhatsApp hoaxes, Zoombombs, and 8-bit love Mar 25, 2020
- 155: Juice jacking, YouTube hacking, password slacking Nov 20, 2019
- 144: Google helps the FBI, Twitter Jack’s hijack, and car data woes Sep 4, 2019
- 118: The ‘s’ in IoT stands for security Mar 6, 2019
- 108: Hoaxes, Huawei and chatbots – with Mikko Hyppönen Dec 12, 2018
- 089: Data breaches, ransomware, Bitcoin robberies, and typewriters Aug 1, 2018
- 078: Hounds hunt hackers, too-human Google AI, and ethnic recognition tech – WTF? May 16, 2018
- 038: Gents! Stop airdropping your pics! Aug 17, 2017