016: Wonga wronga!
About This Episode
Spyware companies are filmed plotting to break global sanctions to ship surveillance and spying equipment to dodgy authoritarian regimes, an unsecured database exposed diabetics’ sensitive data, and a massive data breach leaves hundreds of thousands of current and former Wonga customers at risk.
All this and more is discussed by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by special guest Lisa Vaas.
- Spyware firms in breach of global sanctions - Al Jazeera.
- Al Jazeera Investigations - Spy Merchants - YouTube.
- Mounties admit to using cellphone-snooping ‘stingrays’ - Sophos Naked Security.
- A huge trove of patient data leaks, thanks to telemarketers' bad security - ZDNet.
- Leak of diabetic patients’ data highlights risks of giving info to telemarketers - DataBreaches.net.
- Unsecured database exposed diabetics’ sensitive data - Sophos Naked Security.
- Fraudsters Target People With Diabetes - AARP.
- Wonga.com TV advert - YouTube.
- Wonga security incident FAQ - Wonga.com.
- Wonga data breach puts up to 245,000 UK current and former customers at risk - Graham Cluley.