018: Windows is a virus. True or False?
About This Episode
Security firm Webroot drops a clanger when it declared Windows was malicious and borked customers' PCs, millennials are streaming a lot of movies illegally, and blackmailers are targeting members of the Ashley Madison cheating site again.
All this and more is discussed by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by special guest Michael Hucks from PC Matic.
- Webroot antivirus goes bananas, starts trashing Windows system files - The Register.
- Webroot causes massive headaches after falsely flagging Windows files as malicious - Graham Cluley.
- Tweet by Webroot user Bob Ripley - @M5_Driver.
- W32.Trojan.Gen false positive - advice for home users - Webroot.
- W32.Trojan.Gen false positive - advice for business users - Webroot.
- Most millennials regularly stream pirated content, survey finds - Torrent Freak.
- Malware, data theft, and scams: researchers expose risks of free livestreaming websites - Ku Leuven.
- File sharer hit with $675,000 fine - Digital Trends.
- Ashley Madison blackmail roars back to life - ZDNet.