Gizmodo's attempt to reveal Donald Trump's administration ineptitude when it comes to cybersecurity fails to impress. Mac users are warned that the HandBrake DVD-ripping app has been compromised by malware. And will the US Army insist IT security professionals spend months ironing their bedsheets..?
All this and more is discussed by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by special guest Paul Ducklin from Sophos.
- Here's How Easy It Is to Get Trump Officials to Click on a Fake Link in Email - Gizmodo.
- Opinion: Some thoughts about Gizmodo's Phishing story - CSO Online.
- Mac video app HandBrake – now with free spyware - Naked Security.
- OS X malware spread via signed Transmission app... again - Graham Cluley.
- DOD’s new Internet strategy boosts role in defending “US interests” - Ars Technica.
Recorded Future is the real-time threat intelligence company whose patented machine learning technology continuously analyzes technical, open, and dark web sources to give organizations unmatched insight into emerging threats.
Sign up for free daily threat intelligence updates at https://recordedfuture.com/intel