Why you should check your Airbnb for hidden cameras, a hacker attempts a different kind of jailbreak, and British MPs prove that they really are clueless when it comes to cybersecurity.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, who are joined this week by special guest Ian Whalley.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Special Guest: Ian Whalley.
- OneLogin: OneLogin provides Single Sign On for customers like Airbus, Royal Mail, BSI, and Dun and Bradstreet. With hundreds of apps being used in the typical workplace, and the average user having to remember about 40 different passwords, we all know that if we don’t have a product to remember passwords they end up in spreadsheets, stored in emails, or left on post-it notes. And that is a security nightmare. OneLogin allows IT to say which users have access to which applications at what time and also enforce two factor authentication. So even if credentials are compromised, hackers can’t get access to those corporate services. And, by connecting to Active Directory, access to all of these services is de-provisioned as soon as someone leaves the organisation.
Learn more, and download a free guide to identity access management, at www.smashingsecurity.com/onelogin
- NetSparker: NetSparker is a web application security scanner that can automatically find security flaws in your website and fix them before hackers can exploit them.
If you want to automatically check your web applications for cross site scripting, SQL Injection & other vulnerabilities and coding errors that can leave you and your business exposed to malicious hacker attacks, then you need NetSparker.
Download a free demo now.
- The lax computer security of British MPs – as detailed in their own tweets
- Nadine Dorries MP tweets about sharing her password
- Hackers attempt to break into UK MPs’ email accounts, as Houses of Parliament targeted by cyber attack
- Now criminals are ringing up British MPs to ask them their passwords
- Nadine Dorries MP admits she’s always shouting out “What’s my password?”
- Will Quince MP admits he leaves his PC unlocked
- Nadine Dorries reveals all MPs have porn on their PCs
- Ann Arbor Man Pleads Guilty to Computer Intrusion Case
- Man Hacks Jail Computer Network to Get Friend Released Early
- Prison hacker who tried to free friend now likely to join him inside
- Court documents (PDF)
- Tweet from Jason Scott
- Smile, you’re on hidden webcam Airbnb TV!
- What are Airbnb’s rules about electronic surveillance devices in listings?
- Colorise Bot (@colorisebot) on Twitter
- The science behind @Colorisebot
- The Leftovers
- Little Alchemy 2
- Smashing Security on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)