Why you should check your Airbnb for hidden cameras, a hacker attempts a different kind of jailbreak, and British MPs prove that they really are clueless when it comes to cybersecurity.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, who are joined this week by special guest Ian Whalley.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.Support Smashing Security
- The lax computer security of British MPs - as detailed in their own tweets
- Nadine Dorries MP tweets about sharing her password
- Hackers attempt to break into UK MPs' email accounts, as Houses of Parliament targeted by cyber attack
- Now criminals are ringing up British MPs to ask them their passwords
- Nadine Dorries MP admits she's always shouting out "What's my password?"
- Will Quince MP admits he leaves his PC unlocked
- Nadine Dorries reveals all MPs have porn on their PCs
- Ann Arbor Man Pleads Guilty to Computer Intrusion Case
- Man Hacks Jail Computer Network to Get Friend Released Early
- Prison hacker who tried to free friend now likely to join him inside
- Court documents (PDF)
- Tweet from Jason Scott
- Smile, you’re on hidden webcam Airbnb TV!
- What are Airbnb’s rules about electronic surveillance devices in listings?
- Colorise Bot (@colorisebot) on Twitter
- The science behind @Colorisebot
- The Leftovers
- Little Alchemy 2
- Smashing Security on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)