Why was Zoho’s website taken offline by its own domain registrar? How are dash cams making you less secure? And why are robocalls on the rise in the United States?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Cyberwire’s Dave Bittner.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Dave Bittner.
- MetaCompliance: People are the key to minimizing your Cyber Security risk posture. MetaCompliance makes this easier by providing a single platform for Phishing, Cybersecurity training, Policy, Privacy and Incident management.
Go to smashingsecurity.com/metacompliancePromo Code: SMASHING
- Update on Zoho Services Disruption – Zoho Blog
- Zoho CEO Sridhar Vembu asks for help on Twitter
- Whoa – oh no, Zoho: Domain name no-show deals CRM biz, 40m punters a crushing blow
- Domain registrar oversteps taking down Zoho domain, impacts over 30Mil users
- Blackvue Dash-Cams Broadcasting Live Video and GPS of Your Car PUBLICLY by DEFAULT! – YouTube
- Tim Woodruff’s tweet about BlackVue dash cams
- Yes, It’s Bad. Robocalls, and Their Scams, Are Surging
- YouMail – Robocall Index
- 4.2 Billion Robocalls in August Set All-Time Record for YouMail Robocall Index
- Does Local Presence Dialing Really Work?
- National Do Not Call Registry
- The Robocall Nightmare Is Getting Worse
- US Court Finds Anti-Robocall Rule Made Nearly Every Smartphone User a Criminal
- Stop Unwanted Robocalls and Texts – FCC
- Leatherman Micra 10-in-1 Multi-Tool
- Techmoan – YouTube
- The Guild of Ambience – YouTube
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)