Does your employer want to turn you into a cyborg? Was this phishing test devised by an evil genius? And how did a cinema chain get scammed out of millions, time and time again...?
Oh, and the subject of erasable pens comes up again.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Cinema Chain Sees Bad Movie Script Play Out As It Loses Millions In Email Scam — Martijn Grooten writes on Forbes.
- Internet con men ripped off Pathe NL for €19m in sophisticated fraud — DutchNews.nl.
- Court documents describing the scam — It's in Dutch. Don't ask us to translate it.
- Tweet from InfoSecSherpa describing diabolical phishing test.
- BBC Click on Twitter: "Could you be paying for things using just your hand?" — Scott Helme is filmed getting an implant.
- The future prospects of embedded microchips in humans as unique identifiers: the risks versus the rewards (PDF) — University of Wollongong, Australia.
- Alarm over talks to implant UK employees with microchips — The Guardian.
- I, Tonya trailer — YouTube.
- Introducing Rocketbook Everlast — YouTube.
- Bohemian Rhapsody Performed in 42 Styles — YouTube.
- Open Culture.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)