What's the worst that can happen if you join a Hollywood hard man's Facebook page? What drove a man to hijack a website's name at gunpoint? And can you solve the mystery of the Canadian Hamburglar?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Naked Security's Mark Stockley.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/126 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Fraudster poses as Jason Statham to steal victim's money — BBC News.
- Nine men arrested in United States for stealing millions through business email compromise and romance scams — Graham Cluley.
- Twitter Hack: Part Of Broader Iranian Strategy — TechCrunch.
- Hackers Hit Google Palestine and Defaced the Front Page — Gizmodo.
- Gunpoint domain hijack turns out to have been a family affair — Naked Security.
- Jury Convicts Social Media Entrepreneur in Plot to Hijack Internet Domain — Department of Justice.
- Hamburglar strikes again, feasts on $2,000 in meals using customer's McDonald's app — CBC News.
- McDonalds UK TV Advert 1983 featuring Hamburglar — YouTube.
- How Animators Created the Spider-Verse | WIRED — YouTube.
- How 'Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse' Was Animated | Movies Insider — YouTube.
- Cool Math.
- IQ Ball — Carole's favourite game on Cool Math.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)