What’s the worst that can happen if you join a Hollywood hard man’s Facebook page? What drove a man to hijack a website’s name at gunpoint? And can you solve the mystery of the Canadian Hamburglar?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Naked Security’s Mark Stockley.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/126 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Mark Stockley.
- Gartner: Gartner’s Security & Risk Management Summit, running from June 17-20 2019 in National Harbor, Maryland, is the premier cybersecurity conference for CISOs, IT Security & Risk Professionals. Get the latest unbiased research and advice on cyber attacks, and emerging technologies including AI, blockchain, machine-learning and more.
- Visit smashingsecurity.com/gartner to find out more. Smashing Security listeners can save $350 off the standard registration rate by using the code “SMASHING”. Promo Code: SMASHING
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
- But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
- Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Recorded Future: For anyone who is baffled by threat intelligence, and the benefits that it can bring to your company, this is the book for you.
- “The Threat Intelligence Handbook” is an easy-to-read guide will help you understand why threat intelligence is an essential part of every organisation’s defence against the latest cyber attacks.
- Download it for free at smashingsecurity.com/intelligence
- Fraudster poses as Jason Statham to steal victim’s money — BBC News.
- Nine men arrested in United States for stealing millions through business email compromise and romance scams — Graham Cluley.
- Twitter Hack: Part Of Broader Iranian Strategy — TechCrunch.
- Hackers Hit Google Palestine and Defaced the Front Page — Gizmodo.
- Gunpoint domain hijack turns out to have been a family affair — Naked Security.
- Jury Convicts Social Media Entrepreneur in Plot to Hijack Internet Domain — Department of Justice.
- Hamburglar strikes again, feasts on $2,000 in meals using customer’s McDonald’s app — CBC News.
- McDonalds UK TV Advert 1983 featuring Hamburglar — YouTube.
- How Animators Created the Spider-Verse | WIRED — YouTube.
- How ‘Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse’ Was Animated | Movies Insider — YouTube.
- Cool Math.
- IQ Ball — Carole’s favourite game on Cool Math.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)