Microsoft issues warning to unpatched Windows users about worm risk, and how do you delete all traces of yourself off the internet after you murder your podcast co-host?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, who aren't joined by a special guest this week.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/131 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- WannaCry ransomware hits systems worldwide — Graham Cluley.
- WannaCry - Who's to blame? — Smashing Security #021.
- Remote Desktop Services Remote Code Execution Vulnerability CVE-2019-0708 — Microsoft.
- A Reminder to Update Your Systems to Prevent a Worm — Microsoft.
- Microsoft practically begs Windows users to fix wormable BlueKeep flaw — Ars Technica.
- Almost One Million Vulnerable to BlueKeep Vuln (CVE-2019-0708) — Errata Security.
- Intense scanning activity detected for BlueKeep RDP flaw — ZDNet.
- Greatest Love Of All (Official Music Video) - Whitney Houston — YouTube.
- Removing Content From Google.
- I want to know how to go about deleting everything about myself online — Reddit.
- Remove yourself from the internet, hide your identity, and erase your online presence — ZDNet.
- Chernobyl Trailer — YouTube.
- The 23-Year-Old Woman Who Pioneered Investigative Journalism — The Atlantic.
- Undercover in an Insane Asylum: How a 23-Year-Old Changed Journalism — YouTube.
- Nellie Bly — Wikipedia.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)