Is the PIN you use for your bank card secure? How did one woman get duped into giving a romance scammer $200,000? And Cloudflare and other online services take aim at a vile corner of the internet...
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/140 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Most Common iPhone Passcodes — Daniel Amitay.
- We’ve fixed an issue that meant we weren’t storing some customers’ PINs correctly — Monzo.
- 500,000 Monzo banking customers told to change their PINs — Graham Cluley.
- Terminating Service for 8Chan — Cloudflare.
- 8chan struggling to stay online after its alleged use by El Paso shooting suspect — CNN.
- Online dating apps and websites the most common way to meet — 9to5Mac.
- Woman says a man she met on Tinder swindled her out of $200K: 'He didn't just dump you, he never existed' — ABC News.
- Cyber Actors Use Online Dating Sites To Conduct Confidence/Romance Fraud And Recruit Money Mules — Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
- The Boys trailer — YouTube.
- The Boys — Amazon Prime.
- “Conviction,” Reviewed: A Bronx P.I. Pursues Justice, and Glory — The New Yorker.
- Conviction podcast — Gimlet.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)