The cybercrime lovebirds who hijacked Washington DC's CCTV cameras in the run-up to Donald Trump's inauguration, the truffle-snuffling bankers at the centre of an insider-trading scandal, and the hackers that Uber paid hush money to hide a security breach.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/153 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Ransomware attack impacted 70% of Washington DC police surveillance cameras — Graham Cluley.
- The Hapless Shakedown Crew That Hacked Trump’s Inauguration — Wall Street Journal.
- Eveline Cismaru's Instagram account.
- London Investment Bankers Charged in Insider-Trading Ring — Bloomberg.
- Trade-Secrets Case Linked to Google Seen as Warning to Silicon Valley — Wall Street Journal.
- Uber concealed massive hack that exposed data of 57m users and drivers — The Guardian.
- Uber's statement about its 2016 "Data Security Incident"
- Hackers who extorted Uber and LinkedIn plead guilty — ZDNet.
- Maersk: Springing back from a catastrophic cyber-attack — I-CIO.
- The Master Game — Wikipedia.
- BBC's The Master Game — The Kenilworthian.
- Gogglebox — Channel 4.
- Ndemic Creations, makers of Plague Inc.
- Plague Inc. trailer — YouTube.
- Plague Inc. — iOS App Store.
- Plague Inc. — Google Play.
- The great contemporary art bubble. BBC documentary - YouTube — YouTube.
- BBC art documentaries playlist — YouTube.
- Painters and artists documentaries — YouTube.
- Art documentaries playlist — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)