The cybercrime lovebirds who hijacked Washington DC’s CCTV cameras in the run-up to Donald Trump’s inauguration, the truffle-snuffling bankers at the centre of an insider-trading scandal, and the hackers that Uber paid hush money to hide a security breach.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Lisa Forte.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/153 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Lisa Forte.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
- But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
- Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Ransomware attack impacted 70% of Washington DC police surveillance cameras — Graham Cluley.
- The Hapless Shakedown Crew That Hacked Trump’s Inauguration — Wall Street Journal.
- Eveline Cismaru’s Instagram account.
- London Investment Bankers Charged in Insider-Trading Ring — Bloomberg.
- Trade-Secrets Case Linked to Google Seen as Warning to Silicon Valley — Wall Street Journal.
- Uber concealed massive hack that exposed data of 57m users and drivers — The Guardian.
- Uber’s statement about its 2016 “Data Security Incident”
- Hackers who extorted Uber and LinkedIn plead guilty — ZDNet.
- Maersk: Springing back from a catastrophic cyber-attack — I-CIO.
- The Master Game — Wikipedia.
- BBC’s The Master Game — The Kenilworthian.
- Gogglebox — Channel 4.
- Ndemic Creations, makers of Plague Inc.
- Plague Inc. trailer — YouTube.
- Plague Inc. — iOS App Store.
- Plague Inc. — Google Play.
- The great contemporary art bubble. BBC documentary – YouTube — YouTube.
- BBC art documentaries playlist — YouTube.
- Painters and artists documentaries — YouTube.
- Art documentaries playlist — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)