A bank has some of the worst password advice ever, travellers are told to be wary when USB charging their smartphones and laptops, and a gamer has his YouTube account hacked.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/155 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Giorgio Bonfiglio tweets about Fineco's bizarre attitude to passwords — Twitter.
- This Bank Had the Worst Password Policy We've Ever Seen — Motherboard.
- NIST password guidelines.
- Officials warn about the dangers of using public USB charging stations — ZDNet.
- MarcoStyle on Twitter.
- A YouTuber With 350,000 Subscribers Was Hacked, YouTube Verified His Hacker — Forbes.
- Massive wave of account hijacks hits YouTube creators — ZDNet.
- Popular gaming channel MarcoStyle has been hacked for days, running scams, but YouTube isn't responding — Reclaim the net.
- How my Youtube Channel got hacked for 2 weeks — MarcoStyle on YouTube.
- The Crown — Netflix.
- Aberfan disaster — Wikipedia.
- Aberfan - 50 years on — WalesOnline.
- Cliff Michelmore eyewitness report from Aberfan — YouTube.
- Dolly Parton's America — WNYC Studios.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)