A bank has some of the worst password advice ever, travellers are told to be wary when USB charging their smartphones and laptops, and a gamer has his YouTube account hacked.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/155 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Geoff White.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Giorgio Bonfiglio tweets about Fineco’s bizarre attitude to passwords — Twitter.
- This Bank Had the Worst Password Policy We’ve Ever Seen — Motherboard.
- NIST password guidelines.
- Officials warn about the dangers of using public USB charging stations — ZDNet.
- MarcoStyle on Twitter.
- A YouTuber With 350,000 Subscribers Was Hacked, YouTube Verified His Hacker — Forbes.
- Massive wave of account hijacks hits YouTube creators — ZDNet.
- Popular gaming channel MarcoStyle has been hacked for days, running scams, but YouTube isn’t responding — Reclaim the net.
- How my Youtube Channel got hacked for 2 weeks — MarcoStyle on YouTube.
- The Crown — Netflix.
- Aberfan disaster — Wikipedia.
- Aberfan – 50 years on — WalesOnline.
- Cliff Michelmore eyewitness report from Aberfan — YouTube.
- Dolly Parton’s America — WNYC Studios.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)