The man who hacked the UK National Lottery didn't end up a winner, Japanese Love hotel booking tool suffers a data breach, and just what is 23andMe planning to do with your DNA?
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/161 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Cyber criminal jailed over National Lottery hack — National Crime Agency.
- Man who hacked National Lottery for just £5 is jailed for nine months — Hot for Security.
- Booking data stolen from Japanese short-time love hotel booking service HappyHotel — SiliconANGLE.
- 23andMe Licenses Drug Compound to Spanish Drugmaker Almirall — Bloomberg.
- Big Data and the End of Painful, Invasive Medical Procedures | — Wired.
- How 23andMe Won Back the Right to Foretell Your Diseases — Wired.
- Turbo Boost Switcher for macOS.
- Embarrassed patients can now send photos of genitals to doc for STI checks — The Sun.
- Messiah trailer — YouTube.
- Messiah — Netflix.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)