Fraudsters steal millions from those hoping to jump on the Bitcoin bandwagon, Twitter verifies a fake US politician, and it's another face palm for facial recognition.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Cyberwire's Dave Bittner.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/168 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Inside the Kiev fraud factory stealing senior citizens’ savings — Dagens Nyheter.
- Revealed: fake 'traders' allegedly prey on victims in global investment scam — The Guardian.
- Inside the Kiev Bitcoin fraud factory — YouTube.
- A high school student created a fake 2020 candidate. Twitter verified it — CNN.
- Verified account FAQs — Twitter.
- London's Dazzle Club uses makeup to protest police use of facial recognition technology — WKSU.
- CV Dazzle: Camouflage from Face Detection.
- Clearview AI's Facial Recognition Tech Is Being Used By The Justice Department, ICE, And The FBI — BuzzFeed.
- Amazon Dating: The Future of Dating — Not the real Amazon.
- Carole's ideal date — Amazon Dating.
- My Word! — BBC.
- My Word recording from early 1960s — YouTube.
- Solve podcast.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)