Graham shares stories of email storms, Carole describes the steps being taken by firms as they try to coax employees back to the office, and guest Lisa Forte details a hack that has impacted Lady Gaga and other celebrities.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by special guest Lisa Forte.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/178 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Me Too! — Microsoft tells the story of the Bedlam DL3 email storm.
- Microsoft employees swept up in GitHub reply-all email apocalypse — Business Insider.
- Microsoft now blocks reply-all email storms to end our inbox nightmares — The Verge.
- Reply All Storm Protection in Exchange Online — Microsoft Tech Community.
- The NHS's massive email storm — Graham Cluley.
- Entertainment Law Firm Hacked in Major Data Breach, Ransomware Attack — Variety.
- Coronavirus: Commuters told to 'prepare to queue' in new guidance — BBC News.
- Employers Rush to Adopt Virus Screening. The Tools May Not Help Much — The New York Times.
- Robot dog enforces social distancing in city park — BBC News.
- Onkalo spent nuclear fuel repository — Wikipedia.
- Into Eternity — Wikipedia.
- Finland buries its nuclear past — BBC News.
- The plan to protect humans from radioactive waste with color-changing cats — Business Insider.
- How colour-changing cats might warn future humans of radioactive waste — The Guardian.
- The Summit trailer — YouTube.
- No Way Down: Life and Death on K2 — Amazon.com.
- Jim Lahey's No-Knead Bread Recipe — Leite's Culinaria.
- No Knead Bread Recipe — YouTube.
- No-Knead Bread Recipe — New York Times.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)