The Gadget Show's Jon Bentley joins us to discuss the mystery of a Facebook friend you never requested, software updates for the Mercedes S-Class, and risks in the online classroom.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/195 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Say hello to to the latest weird viral Facebook hoax: ‘Selene Delgado Lopez’ — Mashable.
- Veja Quem é Selene Delgado Lopez - a Fantasma do Facebook — YouTube.
- The 10 most important innovations in the New Mercedes-Benz S‑Class! — Exhibit.
- Mercedes Revs mbrace2 With Cloud Updates — Wired.
- San Leandro schools stepping up online security after latest Zoombomb — San Francisco Chronicle.
- ‘Zoombombers’ using porn to troll students across US — Miami Herald.
- Schoolgirl is robbed during a Zoom lesson in Ecuador — Daily Mail.
- Digital Education: The cyberrisks of the online classroom — SecureList.
- E-safety for schools — NSPCC Learning.
- A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? — The Guardian.
- Smart heater for water & milk — Heatle.
- Autopia: The Future of Cars by Jon Bentley — Amazon.
- Rayvolt Cruzer V3 E-Bike — CostCo.
- Harry Hill's TV Burp - Gadget Show Competition Prizes — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)