The Darkside ransomware gang thinks it's a modern-day Robin Hood when it donates extorted Bitcoins to charity, the micro-targeted ad industry could pop like a bubble, and would you trust a burger-flipping robot?
Plus don't miss our featured interview with Recorded Future's Levi Gundert.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/201 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Smashing Security celebration livestream — YouTube.
- Ransomware gang donates part of ransom demands to charity organizations — ZDNet.
- Mysterious 'Robin Hood' hackers donating stolen money — BBC News.
- Donate Bitcoin - Give to Help Build Wells and Water Projects — The Water Project.
- Donate cryptocurrency to Children International
- Ad Tech Could Be the Next Internet Bubble — Wired.
- Subprime Attention Crisis: Advertising and the Time Bomb at the Heart of the Internet — A book by Tim Hwang.
- Miso Robotics unveils its next-gen robot kitchen assistant — VentureBeat.
- Flippy — Miso Robotics.
- Miso Robotics Flippy Robot flips burgers like it's its job — YouTube.
- Flippy the burger-flipping robot too good, fired after one day — Naked Security.
- Cybersecurity a Must for Safe IIoT Robots — Robotics Online.
- How to Improve Cybersecurity for Robots — RIA Robotics Blog.
- Airplane Mode — Steam.
- Enjoy a 6-hour flight in real-time with economy class sim Airplane Mode from tomorrow — Eurogamer.
- Airplane Mode: Live Action Trailer — YouTube.
- Airplane Mode Gameplay — YouTube.
- Gef the Talking Mongoose — Wikipedia.
- Gef! The Strange Tale of an Extra-Special Talking Mongoose — MIT Press.
- Dirty Diana — QCODE.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)