Author and broadcaster Tim Harford joins us as we discuss the merits of robotic canine security guards, deepfakes, and the curious tale of an art forgery.
And don't miss our special featured interview with James Moore from CultureAI.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/206 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- How To Make The World Add Up — Tim Harford.
- Computerized canines to join Team Tyndall — Tyndall Air Force Base.
- Computerized canines semi-autonomous robot dogs into their patrolling regimen to join Team Tyndall — YouTube.
- Incredible Tyndall 'Robot Dogs' Demonstration — YouTube.
- Perimeter-patrolling 'robo-dogs' coming to Tyndall Air Force Base — YouTube.
- Revolutionizing Legged Robots — Ghost Robotics.
- Immersive Wisdom.
- Norwegian oil company employs robot dogs to patrol dangerous areas — Metro News.
- Japanese farm town deploys 'Monster Wolf' robots to scare off wild bears from neighborhoods — ABC7 San Francisco.
- Willo the Wisp — Wikipedia.
- Willo the Wisp: "The Thoughts of Moog" — YouTube.
- How Mediocre Dutch Artist Cast 'The Forger's Spell' — NPR.
- Do These A.I.-Created Fake People Look Real to You? — The New York Times.
- The Liar's Dividend — Definition from Macmillan Dictionary.
- BBC Motion Graphic archive — Ravensbourne University London.
- Emu's Broadcasting Company (1978) — BBC Motion Graphics archive.
- Discovering Portuguese (1987) — BBC Motion Graphics archive.
- I Claudius (1976) — BBC Motion Graphics archive.
- The Rise and Fall of Getting Things Done — The New Yorker.
- Sticky Pickles.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)