Was hidden treasure found with help from a hack? What security lessons can be learnt from a controversial police raid in Florida? And are you ready for safer online get-togethers this Christmas?
And don't miss our special featured interview with Mimecast's Max Linscott.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/208 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Smashing Security's Christmas 2020 live stream — Join us on YouTube on Thursday 17 December 2020 at 8pm (UK) / 3pm (Eastern) / Noon (Pacific).
- Forrest Fenn's Treasure.
- The Man Who Found Forrest Fenn's Treasure — Outside Online.
- A Statement on the Disclosure of My Identity — Jack Steuf.
- A Chicago treasure hunter was on the trail of a hidden chest worth more than $1 million — but she says she was hacked and her ‘solve stolen’ — Chicago Tribune.
- Cops raid home of ousted data scientist who created her own Florida COVID-19 dashboard — The Register.
- Video of police raid on home of Rebekah Jones — Rebekah Jones's Twitter account.
- Former Israeli space security chief says aliens exist, humanity not ready — The Jerusalem Post.
- Christmas pizza from Pizza Hut — Rotisserie Chicken paired with Crispy Bacon and Sage & Onion stuffing, all on top of a Red Wine Gravy base. (Contains Alcohol)
- Tiger Pig (Pig in Blanket) — Subway.
- Christmas menu at Pret A Manger.
- Festive food from Marks & Spencer.
- Brian & Roger.
- Carole, Graham, and Anna's Christmas party 2009 (with Yogi) — Tweet by Anna Brading.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)